Wekan fork and Nextcloud in Xubuntu Desktop in VirtualBox
2017-01-17: Release 2 of VM.
- Xubuntu 16.04.1 64bit desktop with latest updates
- Wefork of 2017-01-17 installed from source, with scripts in /home/user/repos directory for upgrading Wefork, and backup and restore of it’s MongoDB data.
- Nextcloud, inside VM using Firefox you may need to reload webpage if it shows error at first time. Uses Hiawatha webserver’s FastCGI of PHP 7.0, and MariaDB database.
- Hiawatha webserver in front of Wefork and Nextcloud.
- On Xubuntu desktop .txt file are passwords, file locations and info how to enable free CloudFlare wildcard SSL, with Origin Certificate between your server and CloudFlare for 15 years. In that case you can use CloudFlare Crypto setting Full(Strict). If you want Let’s Encrypt SSL instead, see Hiawatha webserver docs.
- Includes VirtualBox 5.1.12 Guest Additions.
- Nextcloud does not hat Collabora document editing installed to yet.
- Remote access to SSH and webserver needs configuring, instructions inside VM in .txt file on desktop.
- Wefork does not have all features implemented yet. Please use wefork upgrade script inside VM in repos directory and check if your issue reported or create new one.
- Read .txt file on Xubuntu desktop, it contains passwords, instruction how to enable remote access to SSH, webserver etc.
Use 7zip (Windows) or p7zip (Linux etc) to unarchive.
Download link is shared Google Drive file, click with left mouse button.
Wefork-Nextcloud.vdi.7z - size 2 GB, contains Wefork-Nextcloud.vdi that has current size of 7.9 GB and maximum growable size of 500GB. You can enlarge it with VBoxManage command and then starting with LiveCD iso deleting logical swap and extended and resizing and creating extended and inside it logical swap.
VirtualBox is available for example Windows, Mac, Linux and Solaris from:
How to use
1) In VirtualBox, add for example:
- new Ubuntu 64bit VM
- 2GB RAM
- Add Wekan.vdi as harddisk.
- Not needed usually: Audio, Serial Ports, USB
- Network: If you select Bridged Adapter, name is your network you use, like eth0 / exp9s0 for Ethernet, and there’s also wlan etc if available:
If you select NAT to keep virtual machine using same address as your server:
Then you can also setup port forwarding to Wekan VM port 8080:
2) Start VM
Read .txt file on Xubuntu desktop, it contains passwords, instruction how to enable remote access to SSH, webserver etc.